Guatemala
Home > Central America > Guatemala > Guatemala Overview > Population
Page Rating
Content Quality:

Page Importance:
Author Pick:
Close Map

Book a Hotel or Hostel

Hotels Hostels & Budget
Country

City

Check in Date

Check out Date

Number of Rooms
Adults
Children



Top Guatemala
Contributors

Population

The population of Guatemala was estimated in July 2008 to be at approximately 13 million. Approximately 40 percent are considered to be of mestizo descent (also known as Ladino). Ladino is a mixture of Spanish and Amerindian. The other 60 percent are made up of Maya Amerindians, including groups such as Mam, Kaqchikel and K’iche. The largest percentage of the Maya population lives in the highlands. More people of Mayan descent live in the countryside than in the cities, with the greatest populations found in Guatemala City and Quetzaltenango, and the strip of land between the two. There are smaller pockets of Mayan people in other rural areas of the country, such as Petén.










By Paula Newton
I am V!VA's operations expert. With an MBA and a background in the Interactive Television industry in the U.K. I am the organizing force behind the...
22 Feb 2009




Mapa
View Guatemala Map




South America | Central America and Mexico | Antarctica |
Advertise | Anúnciese | Jobs | Alliances | Alianzas | Terms of Use | Contact Us | About Us | Blog | Administradores |
You must register as an owner for access to these listing tools and benefits.

Notification of new reviews: receive your latest reviews by e-mail

Customized request-a-review link: encourage guests to spread the word about your property

Our owners' newsletter: stay informed about our latest tools and benefits for you

User login

Enter your username and password here in order to log into the website:

Login
 

Create a new V!VA account

Forgot Password